The mainstream Support is the first phase of the product lifecycle. Microsoft™ will offer incident support (no-charge incident support), security update support and the ability to request non-security updates.
What is extended support?
The extended support phase follows the mainstream support phase of the product lifecycle. Microsoft™ will offer paid support, security updated at no additional cost and the ability to request non-security fixes.
When will the extended support end?
For Microsoft™ Dynamics AX 2012 R3, the mainstream support will end on October 12, 2021, and the extended support will end on January 10, 2023. Below you can find a full overview of the extended support and end of life of each Microsoft™ Dynamics AX version:
Dynamics AX 2009 Start: 14/08/2008 End: 12/04/2022
Dynamics AX 2012 Start: 25/09/2011 End: 12/04/2022
Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Start: 19/02/2013 End: 12/04/2022
Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Start: 01/08/2014 End: 10/01/2023
After the end date, Microsoft™ will no longer improve the product. New security updates and hotfixes will no longer be provided.
What can you do?
- 1. We would advise you to take the extended support contract whenever your ERP processes are critical to your organization (most of the time).
- 2. We would advise you to upgrade your old Dynamics AX version to the cloud-based Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations version as soon as possible.
Why upgrade to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (SAAS)?
- Microsoft™ Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations operates in the cloud (SAAS). You will no longer need to pay for the costs associated with on-premises solutions. For example, the costs related to software and hardware maintenance, disaster management and many more.
Significantly lower cost of ownership (TCO):
- Customers often think that using legacy systems costs them nothing. However, Dynamics AX provides data to a lot of other systems that your employees spend time on (such as Office and BI (Business Intelligence)), which costs you money. In Dynamics 365, all these applications are connected, increasing efficiency and saving you money.
Security and reliability:
- Because your data is stored in Microsoft’s own highly secured data centers, your data is safe, access is reliable and privacy is guaranteed.
Accessibility and flexibility:
- The cloud-based solution provides you with real-time data on all devices, wherever and whenever you want.
- The solution is suitable for evolving businesses so, it can be scaled according to your needs.
- Dynamics 365 provides you with the latest releases, so that you will aways beup to date on new regulations and technology.
- As mentioned before, the extended support period for three versions of Microsoft™ Dynamics AX will end in 2022 and for Dynamics AX 2012 in 2023. After this, you will not be able to request support from Microsoft™ anymore. An upgrade to Microsoft™ Dynamics 365 will resolve this issue and will make sure your business will operate on the latest future proof software.
Questions, interests or just a conversation?